NZ BLOOD SERVICES
Today the NZ Blood Service launched its “Missing Type” campaign & Dominion Constructors is proud to offer their support in association with the Auckland Rescue Helicopter. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of blood donation and ultimately encourage more New Zealanders to become donors.
• Last year donors saved and improved the lives of 27,000 kiwis – on average about 74 people every day benefit from blood donation in NZ
• Over 50% of kiwis don’t know their blood type
• Less than 4% of the eligible population currently are registered to donate
• Every year over 20,000 people leave the donor registry for a variety of different reason including age, ill health, pregnancy, overseas travel, personal choice – whatever the reason, it means there is a constant need for new donors.
• There is no alternative for patients in need of blood or blood products – BLOOD DONORS SAVE LIVES
• 85% of New Zealanders are A or O blood groups – the types that are most in demand – imagine if they were missing!
• One whole blood donation has the potential to save three lives
For more information on the campaign or on how to become a donor, please go to https://www.nzblood.co.nz
CLICK HERE to go back news
COMMERCIAL PROJECT AWARDS Congratulations to the teams at 34 Sale Street and Archibald & Shorter for taking home Silver and Gold at this years Commercial Project Awards. Both teams have highlighted the expertise and quality that Dominion continues to provide to...
CHOPPER CUP For the last 8 years, Dominion Constructors and Bassett Plumbing have coordinated the annual Chopper Cup; a regatta to raise funds for the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust. Held each November, this year, 38 corporate teams were out on the Waitemata Harbour...
396 QUEEN ST UPDATE PHOTOS The 396 Project is making some great progress and is set to be finished in the next few months. Have a look at some of the progress pictures below to see the great work the team has been doing! Find more information on this project in...