NZ BLOOD SERVICES
Today the NZ Blood Service launched its “Missing Type” campaign & Dominion Constructors is proud to offer their support in association with the Auckland Rescue Helicopter. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of blood donation and ultimately encourage more New Zealanders to become donors.
• Last year donors saved and improved the lives of 27,000 kiwis – on average about 74 people every day benefit from blood donation in NZ
• Over 50% of kiwis don’t know their blood type
• Less than 4% of the eligible population currently are registered to donate
• Every year over 20,000 people leave the donor registry for a variety of different reason including age, ill health, pregnancy, overseas travel, personal choice – whatever the reason, it means there is a constant need for new donors.
• There is no alternative for patients in need of blood or blood products – BLOOD DONORS SAVE LIVES
• 85% of New Zealanders are A or O blood groups – the types that are most in demand – imagine if they were missing!
• One whole blood donation has the potential to save three lives
For more information on the campaign or on how to become a donor, please go to https://www.nzblood.co.nz
CLICK HERE to go back news
396 QUEEN ST UPDATE PHOTOS The 396 Project is making some great progress and is set to be finished in the next few months. Have a look at some of the progress pictures below to see the great work the team has been doing! Find more information on this project in the...
NEW ZEALAND COMMERCIAL PROJECT AWARDS 2018 The 125 Queen st project won a Silver award in the Commercial project category and the Silver award for the Lobby Queen’s Rise & Dinning Precinct in the Commercial fit-out category. 585 Rothesay Bay Project won the Gold...
34 SALE STREET UPDATE PHOTOS The team on 34 Sale St have been working hard to transform a old car park into brand new Offices. This office building is surrounded by great cafe’s and restaurants in Auckland’s CBD. All future tenants will be given an opportunity to...