We are a well-established, successful, family-owned construction company working in the commercial, infrastructure and residential markets, Dominion Constructors prides ourselves on commitment to its people, quality and health & safety. Building strong, capable teams is a key driver for us. At Dominion, we have a Partner Right – Deliver Right ethos model, which extends to partnering with the right people and so we welcome interest from talented people who, like us, love to build, thrive on challenges, are committed and down to earth.
VACANCIES AVAILABLE :
“Sorry, there are currently no vacancies available”
CADETSHIPS & APPRENTICESHIPS
All 2024 positions are filled for both apprenticeships & cadetships.
Dominion is proud to be developing our future generations. Our vision is to see these future leaders benefit by receiving quality direction from the very beginning of their careers, enabling them to develop outstanding core skills that will strengthen our capabilities as an organisation.
- We run a Construction Management Cadet (CMC) and Quantity Surveying Cadet (QSC) programme for employees who wish to become a Manager in the building industry with Dominion.
- The programme takes approximately 36 months to complete.
- Each cadet receives a training programme and logbook identifying the minimum skills, knowledge and experience required for a future career path. This assists with monitoring by both management and the Cadet.
- Most of the training and experience is provided internally, with supplementary training by external providers also scheduled, including Site Safe and EMA one-day short courses.
- Cadets are also required to keep a personal record of the training and work experience gained.”
- We run an Apprenticeship scheme that covers both Commercial and Residential carpentry to give our Apprentices a wider scope of the trade
- The programme takes approximately 4 years to complete.
- Regular meetings are held with the Apprentice Manager and the training provider to assist in tracking the Apprentices performance in the class room and if further assistance is needed.
- Each Apprentice receives an in-house training booklet with each unit standard broken down.
- A Buddy system has also been established to provide each Apprentice with the extra guidance they may need to succeed
- We aim to empower our Apprentices to reach their own individual goals and achieve their required targets
In 2014, Kandar Gibbes from our Residential team was placed 1st in the Auckland Region Apprentice of the Year competition and also placed 2nd in the National Apprentice of the Year competition in 2015.
In 2016, Daniel Gibson, also from our Residential team, placed 1st in the Apprentice World Skills Challenge in Auckland.