As a well-established, successful, family owned construction company working in the commercial, infrastructure and residential markets, Dominion Constructors prides itself on commitment to its people, quality and health & safety. Building strong, capable teams is a key driver for us. We welcome interest from talented people who, like us, love to build, thrive on challenges, are committed and down to earth.
Expressions of Interest – Project Manager
The Central Lakes team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and energetic Project Manager. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, who thrives on challenges, a team player, is down to earth and possess a strong work ethic. Key to this role is for you to efficiently and diligently carryout the management, planning, implementation, and checking of all on-site construction personnel and activities to ensure Projects are completed on time, within budget without compromising quality or safety.
- Holds the skills to be an effective communicator to a range of people working onsite as well as local industry stakeholders.
- Can manage all aspects of the construction site and uses initiatives to improve site performance.
- Will drive an industry leading team to be efficient, hardworking and fun to deliver the high standards we pride ourselves on.
- A strong focus on health and safety management to minimise risks and enhances the ‘safe work environment’.
- Effectively manage project management processes onsite.
- Organises, and monitors the set-up and operation of necessary site establishment.
- Track performance of construction programme and costs are kept to budget.
- Project performance requirements are met on an on-going basis.
- Practices effective environmental management.
- Proficient in MS Project, Aconex etc.
- Related industry Qualification is preferred as well as significant hands on experience.
Dominion can offer you the opportunity to be a part of a strong family business for the long term with a highly dedicated management team to support personal and professional growth. Please visit our website to read more about this exciting and successful family company. https://www.constructors.co.nz/
If you are a NZ Resident, and this sounds like the job for you, please forward your CV with introductory letter to Careers@constructors.co.nz
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
CADETSHIPS & APPRENTICESHIPS
All 2020 positions have now been filled.
Dominion is proud to be developing our future generations. Our vision is to see these future leaders benefit by receiving quality direction from the very beginning of their careers, enabling them to develop outstanding core skills that will strengthen our capabilities as an organisation.
- We run a Construction Management Cadet (CMC) and Quantity Surveying Cadet (QSC) programme for employees who wish to become a Manager in the building industry with Dominion.
- The programme takes approximately 36 months to complete.
- Each cadet receives a training programme and logbook identifying the minimum skills, knowledge and experience required for a future career path. This assists with monitoring by both management and the Cadet.
- Most of the training and experience is provided internally, with supplementary training by external providers also scheduled, including Site Safe and EMA one-day short courses.
- Cadets are also required to keep a personal record of the training and work experience gained.”
- We run an Apprenticeship scheme that covers both Commercial and Residential carpentry to give our Apprentices a wider scope of the trade
- The programme takes approximately 4 years to complete.
- Regular meetings are held with the Apprentice Manager and the training provider to assist in tracking the Apprentices performance in the class room and if further assistance is needed.
- Each Apprentice receives an in-house training booklet with each unit standard broken down.
- A Buddy system has also been established to provide each Apprentice with the extra guidance they may need to succeed
- We aim to empower our Apprentices to reach their own individual goals and achieve their required targets
In 2014, Kandar Gibbes from our Residential team was placed 1st in the Auckland Region Apprentice of the Year competition and also placed 2nd in the National Apprentice of the Year competition in 2015.
In 2016, Daniel Gibson, also from our Residential team, placed 1st in the Apprentice World Skills Challenge in Auckland.