Building strong, capable teams is a key driver for us. We welcome interest from talented people who, like us, love to build, thrive on challenges, are committed and down to earth.
Dominion Constructors Ltd
Dominion Constructors is a family owned company successfully completing projects across all sectors of the construction industry for over 40 years.
With strong forward workload we now have opportunities for experienced Crane Operators & Riggers.
The right applicants will:
- Be experienced in the crane industry, preferably with NZQA crane operator qualifications and at least 12 months on site experience.
- Be competent in reading and understanding technical data and crane rating sheets
- Have a sound understanding of Health & Safety practices
- Be honest, with a positive can do attitude and a willingness to be an active team member
In return we offer a competitive salary in a positive work environment that encourages inclusion and growth.
All applicants must be New Zealand residents with the right to work in New Zealand. Dominion has a drug free work environment and pre-employment testing will be undertaken.
If this sound like you, please send your details and CV to email@example.com
CADETSHIPS & APPRENTICESHIPS
All 2016/17 positions have now been filled.
Dominion is proud to be developing our future generations. Our vision is to see these future leaders benefit by receiving quality direction from the very beginning of their careers, enabling them to develop outstanding core skills that will strengthen our capabilities as an organisation.
- We run a Construction Management Cadet (CMC) and Quantity Surveying Cadet (QSC) programme for employees who wish to become a Manager in the building industry with Dominion.
- The programme takes approximately 36 months to complete.
- Each cadet receives a training programme and logbook identifying the minimum skills, knowledge and experience required for a future career path. This assists with monitoring by both management and the Cadet.
- Most of the training and experience is provided internally, with supplementary training by external providers also scheduled, including Site Safe and EMA one-day short courses.
- Cadets are also required to keep a personal record of the training and work experience gained.”
- We run an Apprenticeship scheme that covers both Commercial and Residential carpentry to give our Apprentices a wider scope of the trade
- The programme takes approximately 4 years to complete.
- Regular meetings are held with the Apprentice Manager and the training provider to assist in tracking the Apprentices performance in the class room and if further assistance is needed.
- Each Apprentice receives an in-house training booklet with each unit standard broken down.
- A Buddy system has also been established to provide each Apprentice with the extra guidance they may need to succeed
- We aim to empower our Apprentices to reach their own individual goals and achieve their required targets
In 2014, Kandar Gibbes from our Residential team was placed 1st in the Auckland Region Apprentice of the Year competition and also placed 2nd in the National Apprentice of the Year competition in 2015.
In 2016, Daniel Gibson, also from our Residential team, placed 1st in the Apprentice World Skills Challenge in Auckland.
Since establishment in 1973, we here at Dominion Constructors can safely say we’ve ‘been around the block’. We’ve learned that our strength is in our people and our reputation. After all this time we still stand for our family-based values and our ‘built on a handshake’ integrity. Our reputation continues to be forged by the sum of all our people’s commitment and delivery.
Building strong, capable teams is therefore a key driver for us and we welcome interest from talented people, who, like us, love to build, thrive on challenges and who are committed and down to earth.
Check out the video below featuring some of our Apprentices in Christchurch: