WESTGATE SHOPPING CENTRE
Westgate Shopping Centre
Fletcher Construction Ltd
May 2014 – June 2015
The structure is an 18,000m² suspended, post tension Carpark, single level. The concrete has been carried out as 18 pours working at height (5.5m off ground).
This is a fully Post Tensioned floor system with Dominion responsible for the Design and Build of PT.
Key techniques used include:
- Doka-matic formwork table system used for forming in-situ beam soffits to minimise the amount of propping, utilising permanent Comfloor metal decking flooring system for slabs which again minimises labour and propping.
- Work on site progressed well with ongoing rate of approximately 1 pour per week.
- Due to the nature of work (being at height with suspended floors) it involves a large labour component with Dominion managing multiple subs including PT, Reinforcing and Comfloor.
- Concrete pours start at 2am each day allowing 600m³ to be poured by 6am with 2 concrete pumps going simultaneously.
- 16231m³ of Concrete
- 18200m² PT Slab using new DOKA table system, a first in New Zealand
- 21000m² Conventional Ground Slab and Suspended Slab
CLICK HERE to go back to Projects